Red Sapphire is a colourful, limited edition poly-hybrid strain which is 65% sativa. It was bred by crossing Malawi/PCK #47 F1 (purple pheno) x Purple Nepal Jam (F6). This strain therefore contains genetics from Malawi, Jamaica, Nepalese and Pakistan Citral Kush. Very resistant strain which handles heat, cold, damp, moulds and pests really well.
Red Sapphire is a medium-sized plant and has incredibly sturdy stems and side-branches. Its inter-nodes have a medium-spacing and this allows excellent light penetration right into the plant's centre so that all bud sites receive plenty of exposure. Such is this strain's strength that it can easily withstand rain and wind when cultivated outdoors.This is a very uniform strain with the biggest variation being in the colouration - about 75% of plants are red while the remaining 25% will show green, purple and even some yellow.
Indoors flowering takes 9 weeks and yields are very good. Outdoors harvest time in the northern hemisphere is during the first half of October and it grows well up to latitude 45°. It does very well in SoG as the main branches bear the biggest buds which tend to be dense and very resinous. Outdoors whether grown in a hot climate or a cool, damp one harvest will be a big success. Provide medium nutroients during vegetstive growth and increase this level during florescence.
The terpene profile is fruity and complex, including cherry, berry bubble gum, red wine with the red pheno and pear and apple with the green pheno. The highest concentration of terpenes are beta pinene, terpinolene and alpha pinene. All of this is supported by notes of Pakistani and Nepalese hashish.
THC levels are medium-high and range from 13 - 17% with negligible CBD. The effect is of a comfortable, clear, cerebral high, uplifting with a degree of euphoria. This evolves into an active and creative phase that is quite without any anxiety or paranoia. Although eventually relaxing it is never couch-lock in quality. It is a great day-time smoke!
|Genetics||Malawi/PCK #47 F1 (purple pheno) x Purple Nepal Jam (F6).|
|Pack Size||5 Seeds|
|THC Content||13 - 17%|
|Grows||Greenhouse, Indoors, Outdoors|
|Flowering Time||63 days|
|Harvest Month||early October|
|Taste / Flavour||Apple, Cherry, Fruity, Pear|
|Effect||Cerebral, Creative, Energetic, Euphoric, Focused, Relaxing, Uplifting|
About Ace Seeds
Based in Spain, Ace Seeds are dedicated to conservation. By cultivating unique and pure genetics, Ace attempt to counter the depression that some strains suffer.
Ace Seeds list elimination of natural habitats, war, disappearing ancestral cultures, genetic contamination, globalisation and laws prohibiting research as factors for the disappearance of pure strains. By using their extensive global ‘library’ of Sativa strains, Ace Seeds aims to preserve the highest quality of genetics possible.
Ace Seeds was born as a group of breeders and cannabis lovers dedicated to the preservation and study of landrace strains from all around the world. They started to distribute seeds as an established seed company in 2004-2005.
Ace Seeds are keen to improve the lack of genetic diversity and stop the depression that cannabis strains have been suffering for decades, by offering different and innovative genetics based on landrace preservation projects and on the development of new hybrids coming from these preservation studies with landraces.
Ace Seeds are specialized in sativa strains. In the past decade, they have offered sativa genetics from Brazil, Colombia, Panama, Guatemala, Mexico, Angola, Malawi, Senegal, Congo, Lesotho, Reunion Island, India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Philippines, just to name a few. They have also worked with landrace indicas from Afghanistan, Pakistan, Uzbekistan, Mongolia and China.
The classic strains at Ace Seeds have been bred from the base: the landraces. First, they start preservation projects with original and high quality landraces, reproducing all the landrace strains them for the future. Then, they study and refine these unique landrace types, improving their best traits through selections of the best parental plants. Finally, they combine the best traits from different landraces into more vigorous, powerful and adaptable hybrids. Most of these hybrids are also stabilized using wide and healthy populations over several generations.
You can buy Ace Seeds from Seedsman now and enjoy the unique products that they have to offer.