Moby Dick is quite possibly Dinafem's most well-known and celebrated sativa-dominant cannabis strain. It was created by crossing the best indica and sativa genetic lines that Dinafem had in its possession, a Haze and a White Widow, and is a highly psychoactive strain.
Moby Dick has two phenotypical expressions; about 65% of plants are sativa-phenos with the remaining 35% of plants being smaller and faster maturing plants expressing more of an indica tendency. It grows indoors and outdoors in temperate/mediterranean-style climates, thriving with plenty of light, and it has very good resistance to mould. Indoors flowering is completed in between 60 - 70 days with very good yields of 650 gr/M,sup>2. Outdoors or in a greenhouse plants will be ready for harvesting from mid to late October with some incredible yields - up to 1500 gr/plant is possible from plants that can reach as much as 3.5 meters tall! It's quite a hungry strain of cannabis so feed it plenty of nutes.
The perfume from Moby Dick is complex and includes floral, lemon and noble wood with the indica-leaning expressions being somewhat sweeter than the sativa ones. The flavours are broadly similar with added incense and Haze notes. THC production is very high at up to 21% and this is given a further boost by the production of THCV, an active ingredient in tropical sativas which is produced as a reaction to the sun's ultra-violet rays thus offering more protection in the conditions of fierce heat. Correspondingly the production of CBD is very low which also accentuates the psycho-active power of Moby Dick.
The effect is very relaxing despite its equatorial sativa heritage.
|Genetics||Haze X White Widow|
|Variety||Indica / Sativa|
|Yield||Indoors: 650 gr/m2; Outdoors: up to 1500 gr/plant|
|Plant Height||Up to 3.5 meters outdoors|
|Grows||Greenhouse, Indoors, Outdoors|
|Flowering Time||60 - 70 days|
|Taste / Flavour||Cedar Wood, Citrus, Flowery, Haze, Lemon, Pine|
About Dinafem Seeds
In 2005, after accumulating years of experience growing cannabis in all of its varieties, Dinafem Seeds decided to cultivate their own strains.
Interestingly, Dinafem Seeds are the leading pioneers in cannabis seed preservation. They are internationally recognised for their part in revolutionising seeds storage. When they first opened as a seed bank, Dinafem Seeds were finding that many of the seeds that they were sending or receiving were damaged due to the sub-standard packaging. Plastic containers were not protecting the seeds from humidity and light, while paper envelopes were simply not stable enough to protect the valuable contents.
Dinafem Seeds now use packaging that prevents seeds being irreversibly damaged. The seeds are first placed in a clear, plastic vial, similar to ones used in a standard laboratory. This vial is then placed inside a strong metal container ensuring absolute safety when products are being shipped across the world.
Dinafem Seeds have been selling the best selection of sativa and indica cannabis seeds worldwide from their own and from other seed banks for over ten years now. Since their origins as novice growers, they have researched the genetics of many plants to produce their own seeds, all of which are appreciated worldwide.
By the end of the 21st century, Dinafem Seeds was not only recognised for their superior preservation techniques, but also for the high quality of their feminised strains. Their Moby Dick CBD is immensely popular thanks to its fantastic medicinal properties and long-lasting cerebral effect. While their fantastic Blue Kush strain is a customer favourite for its potency and its intense flavour and aroma.
Here at Seedsman, we stock more Dinafem strains than most other seedbanks, which is why it continues to be an immensely popular breeder on our site. Try for yourself, buy Dinafem Seeds from Seedsman now.