There are not many things better than a chocolate cake when you’re stoned, except, of course, a chocolate cake that gets you stoned! The idea of a chocolate beetroot cake may seem bizarre to the uninitiated but don’t knock it until you’ve tried it!
It’s delicious, and you can even kid yourself you’re being healthy.
This is the latest in our series of cannabis-cooking recipes and ideas, you can find the rest right here!
1 large cooked beetroot (approx 175g)
200g self-raising flour
100g cocoa powder
200g caster sugar
3 large eggs
180g cannabutter (for this recipe we’ve used Fuel D.OG (currently on sale!)
Strawberries and natural yoghurt to serve (optional)
Chocolate Beetroot Cake Method
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees/gas mark 4.
1. Grease your loaf tin with butter or use grease-proof paper.
2. Roughly chop the beetroot and whiz it up in a food processor. Set aside.
3. Pop your cannabutter in the microwave for 10 seconds or leave it at room temperature to soften.
4. Cream the sugar and cannabutter together.
5. Add the eggs.
6. Mix the flour and cocoa powder together in a separate bowl.
7. Once combined, add the beetroot.
8. Add the creamed cannabutter to the mixture and stir well.
9. Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and place it on the middle shelf of the pre-heated oven.
10. Bake for about 50 minutes. To check if it’s cooked, place a knife or skewer in the cake; if it comes out clean, it’s done! Still a little sticky? It needs a bit longer. If the top looks done but the middle is still a little sticky then reduce the oven temperature a little before baking for another 5 – 10 minutes.
11. Allow the cake to cool, and then carefully remove it from the tin and place it on a wire rack.
12. Serve with some strawberries and yoghurt.
This chocolate beetroot cake will provide 8 good slices/portions.
NB: As with any recipe for edibles, the dosage can be hard to gauge, so start with a small slice; if after a little while you don’t have the desired effect, cut yourself another.